The Parish Council operates a number of committess and subcomittees to allow a a smaller number of councillors to focus on specific topics. Some committees are permanent or standing and others are set up to focus on a particular short-term project.
Committees are designated as advisory or executive. Executive committees have delegated power to make decisions on behalf of the council, where as advisory committees report back to the full council for a decision to be made.
Currently the Parish Council operate the following committees (members as per 2016 Annual Parish Council Meeting):
Planning & Environment
- B Higham, C Briscoe, P Higham, G Candlish
- M Walker, S Fogarty, W Yates
- W Yates, E Bell, S Fogarty, W McDonald
- P Higham, S Fogarty, G Candlish
- E Bell, C Newall, D Marsden
- D Marsden
- T Newall, G Candlish, E Bell.
Projects (this committee is to cover Youth, CIL, Projects etc)
- T Newall, D Marsden, W McDonald
Unadopted Road Advisory
- D Marsden, E Bell, B Higham
The Chairman (Councillor Newall) and Vice Chairman (Councillor Marsden) are ex officio members of the above committees.
The following are representatives on external bodies:
- E Bell, B Higham, W Yates
Community Hall Trust
- P Higham
- M Walker (2019), B Higham (2019), W Yates (2019),
Whittle-le-Woods Playing Fields Trust
- E Bell, W Yates
BC Liaison Committee
- C Newall
Neighbourhood Area Meeting
- M Walker