Welcome to the Whittle-le-Woods Parish Council website. The website provides a community resource for information on the work the Parish Council carries out, as well as local information on the history of the village and the available facilities and services available.
The Parish Council meet on a monthly basis at the village hall which is situated at the top of Union Street (off Chorley Old Road). The meetings are held on the second Monday of every month at 7:30pm and are open to the public to attend. Agendas for each meeting will be posted on this site as will the minutes of previous meetings.
The Parish Council hopes that the webiste will develop over time to include information on local community groups, local news, and other items of interest to the residents in the village (planning, licensing, what's on, road closures etc) and we would especially welcome people to get in touch who would like to contribute to the content on the website, so please get in touch through the Contact Us page.
Some areas we are keen to develop are:
- Local Clubs information so that new members can discover some preliminary information and discover how to get in touch
- Regular updates from sports clubs and groups
- Details of local event either in the village or surrounding area
If you have further ideas which you feel could be of interest to residents of Whittle do let us know.
Landing Page for Whats On
|Tue Feb 18, 2020 @ 6:30PM - 08:30PM 2nd Whittle Brownies|
2nd Whittle le Woods Brownies meet on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm until 8.00pm at the Scout Hut on Chorley Old Road in Whittle le Woods
Brownies is a part of Girlguiding UK, and is for girls aged from 7 to 9 years of age.
Brownies have incredible experiences together, make new friends, learn new skills and take on challenges.
So far this year we’ve had a sleepover, rock climbed and abseiled on pack holiday, completed our Hostess, Fire Safety and Unicorn Challenge badges, celebrated Harry Potter Night and Pancake Tuesday, been pottery painting at The Alabaster Jar, completed a sponsored walk, been trampolining and been to Frederick’s Ice Cream Parlour. Phew!
We have lots more exciting things planned, so if you'd like more information, contact us now to arrange a visit and see what a fantastic opportunity joining Girlguiding is.
We’re also looking for Leaders, so if you have a couple of hours free on a Tuesday evening, why not join us and help us give girls experiences and memories they’ll remember forever.
The Parish Council meet monthly on the 2nd Monday of each month in the Community Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Members of the public are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The agenda for the monthly meeting will be published online and on the notice boards between five and seven days before the meeting.
The minutes of the Parish Council meetings will be available after they have been signed off at the following months meeting. So September's meeting minutes will be available shortly after October's meeting.
Latest Parish Council Meeting Agenda
- 2018-05-14-MPCM-Agenda-and-Notes.pdf [385.14 KB] [2018-10-04 15:24:40]
- 2018-06-11-MPCM-Agenda-and-Notes.pdf [384.34 KB] [2018-10-04 15:24:57]
- 2018-07-09-MPCM-Agenda-and-Notes.pdf [204.66 KB] [2018-10-04 15:25:10]
- 2018-08-13-MPCM-Agenda-and-Notes.pdf [218.42 KB] [2018-10-04 15:25:21]
- 2018_09_10_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [221.3 KB] [2019-04-20 13:24:07]
- 2018_10_08_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [229.32 KB] [2019-04-20 13:24:21]
- 2018_11_12_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [225.63 KB] [2019-04-20 13:24:36]
- 2018_12_10_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [214.8 KB] [2019-04-20 13:24:49]
- 2019_01_14_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [209.72 KB] [2019-04-20 13:25:04]
- 2019_02_11_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [208.49 KB] [2019-04-20 13:25:22]
- 2019_03_11_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes_without_confidential_items.pdf [209.21 KB] [2019-04-20 13:25:34]
- 2019_04_08_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [216.31 KB] [2019-04-20 13:25:47]
- 2019_05_13_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [214.84 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_06_10_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [213.6 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_07_08_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [209.92 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_08_12_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [213.03 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_09_09_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [223.19 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_10_14_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notesdocx.pdf [211.12 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:27]
- 2019_11_11_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [210.04 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:52]
- 2019_12_09_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [211.32 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:52]
- 2020_0113_MPCM_Agenda_and_Notes.pdf [205.4 KB] [2020-01-16 22:32:52]
Latest Parish Council Committee Meeting Agenda
- 2016 04 11 Grants meeting agenda.pdf [255.75 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
- 2016 09 01 Project Committee agenda.pdf [37.22 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
- 2016 Annual Parish Council Meeting Agenda.pdf [61.92 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
- 2016 Annual Parish Meeting Agenda.pdf [494.04 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
- 2017 Annual Parish Council Meeting Agenda .pdf [61.87 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
- 2017 Annual Parish Meeting Agenda.pdf [492.69 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:51]
Minutes from Previous Parish Council Meetings
- 2019_12_MPCM_minutes.pdf [212.21 KB] [2020-01-16 22:15:55]
- 2019_11_MPCM_minutes.pdf [254.09 KB] [2020-01-16 22:15:42]
- 2019_10_MPCM_minutes.pdf [192.07 KB] [2020-01-16 22:13:25]
- 2019_09_MPCM_minutes_without_confidential_items.pdf [181.26 KB] [2020-01-16 22:15:14]
- 2019_08_MPCM_minutes.pdf [172.15 KB] [2020-01-16 22:13:05]
- 2019_07_MPCM_minutes.pdf [170.34 KB] [2020-01-16 22:12:53]
- 2019_06_MPCM_minutes.pdf [172.15 KB] [2020-01-16 22:12:03]
- 2019_05_MPCM_minutes.pdf [178.93 KB] [2020-01-16 22:11:50]
- 2019_04_MPCM_minutes.pdf [169.54 KB] [2020-01-16 22:12:34]
- 2019_03_MPCM_minutes_without_confidential_items.pdf [166.32 KB] [2019-04-20 13:46:16]
- 2019_02_MPCM_minutes.pdf [170.98 KB] [2019-04-20 13:46:00]
- 2019_01_MPCM_minutes.pdf [184.64 KB] [2019-04-20 13:45:49]
- 2018_12_MPCM_minutes.pdf [204.27 KB] [2019-04-20 13:45:36]
- 2018_11_MPCM_minutes.pdf [211.95 KB] [2019-04-20 13:45:25]
- 2018_10_MPCM_minutes.pdf [217.7 KB] [2019-04-20 13:45:13]
- 2018_09_MPCM_minutes_without_confidential_items.pdf [214.86 KB] [2019-04-20 13:44:59]
- 2018-08-MPCM-minutes.pdf [166.72 KB] [2018-10-04 16:15:37]
- 2018-07-MPCM-minutes.pdf [221.14 KB] [2018-10-04 16:15:37]
- 2018-06-MPCM-minutes.pdf [233.35 KB] [2018-10-04 16:15:37]
- 2018-05-MPCM-minutes.pdf [218.13 KB] [2018-10-04 16:15:37]
Minutes from Previous Parish Council Committee Meetings
- 2016 Annual Parish Meeting Minutes.pdf [507.31 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
- 2016 Annual Parish Council Meeting minutes.pdf [68.82 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
- 2016 09 01 Project Committee mtg and terms of reference .pdf [1.05 MB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
- 2016 04 11 Grants meeting notes.pdf [251.53 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
- 2015 Annual Parish Meeting Minutes.pdf [499.99 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
- 2015 Annual Parish Council Meeting Minutes.pdf [67.89 KB] [2018-08-02 15:03:50]
The Parish Council run a number of projects throughout the year. Funding for the projects can come from a number of sources, including grants and often rely on members of the community and the Parish Council volunteering their time work on the projects.
Examples of projects run by the Parish Council in the past include
- Millennium and Jubilee celebrations
- Carwood Lane Footpath Project
- Clearing the land at School Brow
If you have an idea for a project that would benefit the community please get in touch through the Contact Us link on the website.
The Parish Council rely on volunteers to run the projects, if you feel you have time to spare and would like to get involved in any existing projects please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!