Consultation on the Chorley Open Space, Sport and Recreation Strategy (OSSR) Action Plan 2020-20363rd of March, 2021
This email is to inform you about a consultation on the Chorley Open Space, Sport and Recreation Strategy (OSSR) Action Plan 2020-2036. All information can be viewed at https://chorley.gov.uk/article/1737/Planning-policy-consultations-and-news
The Action Plan is a summary document informed by a suit of technical documents produced by consultants KKP. A wide consultation was carried out to produce this evidence base involving stakeholders, sports clubs, parish Councils, community engagement and elected members. These documents are available to view on the Councils website by clicking the links below.
- Central Lancashire Open Space Assessment. This can be found here
- Chorley Council Open Space Study Standards Paper. This be found here
- Central Lancashire Playing Pitch Strategy Assessment Report. This can be found here
- Central Lancashire Strategy and Action Plan. This can be found here
The Council is carrying out a consultation of the OSSR action plan to ensure that all priorities are captured owing to the time lapse of the initial consultation and the impact of the COVID pandemic on the use of open space. The consultation runs from Monday 15th February 2021 until Monday 29th March 2021.
Following the consultation period, we will consider the responses received, amend the document and subject to no fundamental changes been made, adopt the Action Plan.
The consultation information has been put on Chorley Council’s website, at the link below, and includes:
- The Chorley Open Space, Sport and Recreation Strategy (OSSR) Action Plan 2020-2036.
- Information regarding the background history and purpose of the Open, Sport and Recreation Strategy
- A response form for making comments.
People can respond until 11.59pm on Monday 29th March. Responses received after this date cannot be considered.